ASHA Course Number:
Course Credits: 0.2 (2 hour) ASHA CEUs – Intermediate level, Professional area
Tiered Service Delivery encompasses core components, common language, identifies effective interventions & evidence-based practices to improve student outcomes. ESSA requires schools to apply an evidence-based plan to help our students, specific subgroups of students, to improve practices. Tiered service delivery provides a necessary accountability system for improved practices and intervention application where general education and special education are aligned. This course will describe the different components necessary for applying tiered service delivery, review different frameworks (RTI, MTSS, ISS) to adopt one cohesive model, and further identify effective interventions, assessments, and evidence-based practices. Examples from the field with facilitation/consultative skills will be further described while looking at additional resources for application.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being an employee of EBS Healthcare, Brent has no financial information to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Brent has no non-financial information to disclose.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being an employee of EBS Healthcare, June has no financial information to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: June has no non-financial information to disclose.
At the conclusion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize core components, and common language used within a Tiered Service Delivery Model
- Identify strategic interventions and evidence-based practices
- Identify specific use of different assessment practices
- Develop facilitation/consultative skills to start implementation
- Identify resources and practices for application
- 25 minutes: Big Picture- give an overview of existing frameworks, core components, and common language
- 25 minutes: Review specific strategic interventions and evidence-based practices
- 25 minutes: Discuss the use of assessments for intervention application
- 20 minutes: Identify specific facilitative/consultative skills necessary for an application
- 25 minutes: Interview