AOTA Course Number: DLAOTA117
Course Credits: .15 (1.5 hours) AOTA CEUs – Introductory level, Professional area
OTs in the schools have the important responsibility of conducting assessments and contributing to the development and implementation of students’ IEPs. The clinical reasoning process includes multiple factors and considerations to determine eligibility and make recommendations to the educational team. Guidelines for assessment, eligibility determination, and IEP development will be discussed.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare, Cynthia has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Cynthia has no other non-financial information to disclose.
Following instruction, participants will be able to:
- Describe the main reasons for an OT assessment for the school-age population
- Understand how federal law, state, and local (district) guidelines influence OT services in the schools
- List the main areas that OT is responsible for assessing and providing intervention
- Link assessment results to the IEP and service delivery in the schools
- 1 hour, 26 minutes – Assessment Overview
- 10 minutes – Course Test