Course Length: 2 hours
Course Credits: 2 Learning CEUs
Wellness, job stress, and burnout are all important aspects of job performance for pediatric therapists. Participants will learn about current evidence and engage in an overview of proactive and practical strategies to promote wellness and manage work stress in practice. Participants will partake in proactive strategies and create a plan for application of the course material to their daily practice.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being a paid employee of EBS Healthcare, Kimberly has no financial information to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Kimberly has no other non-financial information to disclose.
- Clearly articulate the intrinsic and extrinsic factors that contribute to job stress, burnout, and professional identity.
- Demonstrate thorough explanation of effective, proactive strategies to promote wellness and resiliency as pediatric therapists.
- Describe ways to synthesize the evidence and education presented to create a personalized wellness plan aligned with the job demands of their pediatric practice.
- Synthesize the evidence and education presented to create a personalized wellness plan aligned with the job demands of their school-based practice.
- 13 minutes: Introduction and background on factors contributing to job stress, burnout, and reduced professional identity
- 14 minutes: Summary of the literature regarding job stress, burnout prevention, and wellness promotion amongst healthcare professionals
- 33 minutes: Overview of practical, proactive strategies that can be adopted for managing job stress, promoting wellness, and developing resiliency as therapists
- 27 minutes: Trialing Wellness Strategies
- 13 minutes: Creating a personalized wellness plan and selecting strategies for the school year
- 12 minutes: Concluding Discussion
- 10 minutes: Course Test