ASHA Course Number: ACEF0390
Course Credits: 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Advanced level, Professional area)
This workshop offers experienced professionals the opportunity to explore their leadership and interaction styles to accomplish the commitment to mentor students, new clinicians and SLPAs. Considering both the mentor’s and mentee’s knowledge, personality and needs will give supervisors new perspectives and insights, leading to positive trusting relationships and effective support and guidance.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare, Shellie has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Shellie has no other non-financial information to disclose.
- Define supervision, mentoring, coaching and leadership and discuss the vital contribution these skills have on mentee’s growth and professional development.
- Analyze their own leadership and interaction styles and identify how this impacts interaction with mentees.
- Identify ways to improve mentoring skills and supervisory techniques by utilizing their knowledge of personal social styles.
- Identify how they will implement effective goals, strategies, and activities to supervise SLPAs, Clinical Fellows and Student Interns.
- 15 minutes: Defining Supervision, Mentoring, Coaching, and Leadership
- 15 minutes: Providing Individualized Guidance using the Continuum
- 15 minutes: Essential Mentoring Skills
- 15 minutes: Implementing Your New Mentoring Skills for More Effective Supervision of SLPAs
- 15 minutes: Learning how to use effective prompting strategies
- 30 minutes: Implementing Your New Mentoring Skills for More Effective Supervision of CFs
- 15 minutes: Implementing Your New Mentoring Skills for More Effective Supervision of