AOTA Course Number: DLAOTA100
Course Credits: 0.1 (1 hours)
OTs and PTs evaluate students in school-based settings. Standardized and non-standardized tools are used. It is important to understand the concepts of reliability and validity, select the correct testing tools, report and understand what test scores mean so information can be explained to the educational team. This webinar addresses reliability, validity, reporting test scores and linking results with functional student outcomes to make optimal recommendation for students.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare, Cynthia has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Cynthia has no other non-financial information to disclose.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of how to use the evaluation process to report meaningful information to the IEP team.
- Understand the important components of standardized and non-standardized assessments and when they are used in school-based services.
- Explain how test scores, functional performance, and clinical judgment all contribute to the evaluation process for school-based OTs and PTs.
- 10 Minutes Introduction
- 10 Minutes Qualities of Standardized Tests
- 10 Minutes Test Scores
- 10 Minutes Non-Standardized Tests
- 10 Mintues Assessment Write-Ups
- 10 Minutes Summary and References
- 10 Minutes Post-test