Please note: This course is for Illinois, Pennsylvania, and Hawaii PT/PTA only. The Illinois Chapter Continuing Education Committee has certified that this course meets the criteria for approval of Continuing Education offerings established by The Illinois Physical Therapy Association.
Course Credits: 2.0 contact hours (0.2 CEUs)
Telehealth is an accepted service delivery model according to AOTA and APTA. The current pandemic has altered school-based service delivery. This webinar reviews the basics about technology, how to conduct therapy sessions, using a coaching model, ideas for session structure, and provides resources for OTs and PTs.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare, Kristen has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Kristen has no other non-financial information to disclose.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare, Cynthia has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Cynthia has no other non-financial information to disclose.
Following instruction, participants will be able to:
- Describe the benefits and barriers of teletherapy in these changing times of COVID-19
- Figure out how to change your service delivery model and transition your school-based caseload to teletherapy
- Identify at least 3 resources or activities to implement within your teletherapy sessions
- Select the best intervention strategies for at least 3 of your students
- 25 minutes: Overview of Teletherapy for OT & PT
- 35 minutes: Let’s Get Started
- 26 minutes: Additional Considerations for Teletherapy Implementation
- 17 minutes: Sample Therapy Session Using Slides & Activities
- 18 minutes: Additional Resources for Teletherapy
- 4 minutes: Course Test