AOTA Course Number: DLAOTA116
Course Credits: .25 (2.5 hour) AOTA CEUs – Introductory level, Professional area
Pediatric practitioners often benefit from a review regarding our Occupational Therapy Practice Framework and scope of practice. Through presentation, self-reflection, and practice, participants will understand the purpose of the Framework, how it influences our OT practice, and how to incorporate the Framework when working with students, families, and on teams.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare, Julie has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Julie has no other non-financial information to disclose.
Following instruction, participants will be able to:
- Define terminology within the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework (the Framework)
- Understand the purpose of the Framework and how it influences our OT practice, especially during the evaluation and intervention process
- Identify at least 3 ways to incorporate the Framework into your pediatric practice
- 20 minutes – Intro to Our OT Vision 2025, Our Distinct Value, and the OTPF-3 (Framework)
- 38 minutes – The Framework Part 1: Domain
- 27 minutes – The Framework Part 2: Process: Overview & Evaluation
- 40 minutes – Occupational Profile: Overview, Examples & Practice
- 25 minutes – Process: Intervention & Targeting Outcomes & Develop Your Action Plan
- 10 minutes – Course Test
Applying the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework-3 - PowerPoint Handout
Occupational Therapy’s Distinct Value - Resource for Administrators and Policy Makers
AOTA Occupational Profile Template
AOTA Occupational Profile Template Example
AOTA Continuing Education Article - Using the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework to Guide the Evaluation Process and Make Assessment Choices in School Practice
ICEL by RIOT Matrix Worksheet
Course Reference List