ASHA Course Number: ACEF0542
Course Credits: 0.2 (2 hours) ASHA CEUs – Intermediate Level, Professional Area
You have spent the following amount of time in this course:
Please note: Your cumulative time in the course must be greater or equal to the course hours for you to receive course credit. Please make sure to view the video(s) in its entirety.
Educators and practitioners working in schools and Early Intervention often desire to improve or increase collaborative practice. However, they frequently run into roadblocks that prevent opportunities for working closely together to increase outcomes for the children they serve. This workshop will provide participants with a broader understanding of specific strategies for interprofessional collaborative practice and the opportunity to self-reflect and develop new approaches that will lead to success with their own caseloads and in their unique work environments.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare, Shellie has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Shellie has no other non-financial information to disclose.
Financial Disclosure: At the time of this presentation recording, Julie was paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare. Julie has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Julie has no other non-financial information to disclose.
- Define collaboration and explain why it is important for successful Interprofessional Practice (IPP)
- Complete a self-reflection exercise to recognize his or her own communication style and how this impacts collaboration with others
- State the 3 tiers of service intervention and at least one effective strategy for collaboration at each tier
- Select the best collaborative intervention strategy for at least two children or groups on your current caseload
- 5 minutes: Welcome and Introduction to Learner Objectives
- 25 minutes: Why do we collaborate?
- 15 minutes: Self-reflection questionnaire
- 20 minutes: Tiers of intervention & Collaboration service delivery models
- 30 minutes: Using Knowledge from Self-Reflection to Learn and Build Strategies for Improved Interprofessional Practice
- 15 minutes: Action plan/Takeaways: What can you do to get started with your caseload?
- 10 minutes: Q&A & Post Test