ASHA Course Number: ACEF0533
Course Credits: 0.1 ASHA CEUs (1 hour); Introductory Level, Related Area
You have spent the following amount of time in this course:
Please note: Your cumulative time in the course must be greater or equal to the course hours for you to receive course credit. Please make sure to view the video(s) in its entirety.
Educational staff in schools support students to ensure the best possible educational outcomes. Anxiety can have an impact on school performance. This training will examine how related service providers can help the educational team to create accommodation plans that help the student gain skills to deal with anxiety rather than avoid situations that create anxiety.
Linda Okonsky, MS, OTR/L, is a Regional Director of Occupational Therapy Services for EBS Healthcare, Inc. She provides therapist mentoring, supervision of OTAs and assists in the design of trainings for continued competence and best practice strategies for school based therapists. This speaker has been practicing OT for more than 17 years working with children in the outpatient clinic and school settings. She is an adjunct professor for the OTD program at Widener University.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare, Linda has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Linda has no other non-financial information to disclose.
Following instruction, participants will be able to:
- Determine how related service providers can provide valuable contributions in working with students experiencing anxiety
- Collaborate with the educational team to create accommodation plans that focus on building skills needed to address anxiety
- 15 minutes: Anxiety and impact on participation in general education curriculum
- 10 minutes: Anxiety surrounding return to school following COVID-19 pandemic
- 20 minutes: Steps related service providers can take to address anxiety in students
- 10 minutes: Review of resources for children, parents and therapists
- 10 minutes: Course test