ASHA Course Number: ACEF0510
Course Credits: 0.5 ASHA CEUs (5 hours); Intermediate Level, Professional Area
You have spent the following amount of time in this course:
Please note: Your cumulative time in the course must be greater or equal to the course hours for you to receive course credit. Please make sure to view the video(s) in its entirety.
This course will provide learners with a thorough introduction and description of procedures relevant to the delivery of effective and evidence-based intervention services using a telepractice model. Topics addressed included regulatory procedures, motivating students, individualizing instruction, collaborating with team members, and adapting digital and web-based resources.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare, Joe has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Joe has no other non-financial information to disclose.
- Demonstrate confidence using web-conferencing tools to present, manipulate and synthesize learning material relevant to a student’s individualized goals and objectives ;
- Structure and organize web-based sessions in a manner that facilitates the establishment of objectives and expectations for the session, motivates the student, and encourages student participation;
- Manage the various responsibilities of a telepractitioner providing individualized and specialized instruction to children receiving school-based intervention;
- Communicate and collaborate with school staff, session facilitators, classroom teachers and school administrators;
- Access and adapt a variety of digital and web-based resources to provide effective, engaging and evidence-based clinical intervention.
- 0:00–0:20: Introduction and Course Overview
- 0:20–0:40: Certification and State Licensure Requirements
- 0:40–1:00: The Role of the Facilitator
- 1:00–1:50: Setting Up Your Therapy Environment
- 1:50–2:20: Your Teletherapy Support Network – Facilitators, Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- 2:20–2:50: IEP Participation
- 2:50–3:20: Basic Technical Requirements and Equipment Operation
- 3:20–3:50: Scheduling, Session Management, and Review
- 3:50–4:45: Addendum – Engaging Students in Telepractice
- 4:45–5:00: Course Test