AOTA Course Number: DLAOTA111 AOTA Course Credits: .3 CEUs (3 hours)
ASHA Course Number: ACEF0484 ASHA Course Credits: .3 CEUs (3 hours)
You have spent the following amount of time in this course:
Please note: Your cumulative time in the course must be greater or equal to the course hours for you to receive course credit. Please make sure to view the video(s) in its entirety.
School-based practitioners often benefit from a review regarding federal and state regulatory education policies and framework models on Special Education. Through presentation and self-reflection, participants will learn about ESSA, IDEA, Section 504, and ICF’s influence and impact on our roles, responsibilities, services, and best practices when working with students, families, and on teams.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare, Shellie has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Shellie has no other non-financial information to disclose.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare, Julie has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Julie has no other non-financial information to disclose.
At the end of this course, users will be able to:
- Describe education policies and framework models on Special Education (i.e. ESSA, IDEA, Section 504, ICF).
- Explain how current policies and framework models may influence and impact your practice when working with students, families and teams.
- Identify at least three new resources available on educational policy websites.
- Develop an action plan to begin or improve the alignment of your current practice with legal policies.
- 8 minutes: Intro to federal and state education policies
- 55 minutes: Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (ESSA), including MTSS, RtI, PBIS, & UDLs
- 35 minutes: Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (IDEIA)
- 20 minutes: Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), accommodations & modifications and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
- 35 minutes: Part C, D, & World Health Organization (WHO): International Classification Model (ICF)
- 12 minutes: Leaders of Change & Develop Your Action Plan
- 10 minutes: Post-Test