ASHA Course Number: ACEF0470
Course Credits: 0.1 ASHA CEUs (1 hour) in the area of Ethics; Intermediate Level; Professional Area
You have spent the following amount of time in this course:
Please note: Your cumulative time in the course must be greater or equal to the course hours for you to receive course credit. Please make sure to view the video(s) in its entirety.
Clinical supervisors can benefit from increased awareness of issues pertaining to ethical conduct. An overview of sections of the revised (2016) ASHA Code of Ethics pertaining to supervision will be followed by a discussion of recurring themes in ethical issues confronting supervisors in a variety of settings. Participants will also discuss how to solve ethical dilemmas.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare, Melanie has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Melanie has no other non-financial information to disclose.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe strategies to increase awareness of ethical practices pertaining to clinical supervision.
- Discuss recurring themes in ethical issues pertaining to clinical supervision.
- Identify and describe supportive resources when facing ethical dilemmas.
- 10 minutes: Overview of ASHA Code of Ethics
- 35 minutes: Common Ethical Complaints
- 15 minutes: Solving ethical dilemmas
- Course Examination
- Course Review