ASHA Course Number: ACEF0469
Course Credits: 0.2 ASHA CEUs (2 hours) – Intermediate level, Related area
You have spent the following amount of time in this course:
Please note: Your cumulative time in the course must be greater or equal to the course hours for you to receive course credit. Please make sure to view the video(s) in its entirety.
Clinical supervisors recognize the importance of critical thinking skills that lead to reflective practice. The research, evidence and key elements that support reflective practice will be highlighted throughout the presentation. Participants will use ASHA’s 2016 self-assessment tool to rate their competencies and to develop personal goals.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare, Melanie has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Melanie has no other non-financial information to disclose.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify stages of skill acquisition in the development of clinical skills & knowledge.
- Discuss evidence-supported strategies promoting independent practice through critical reflection.
- Describe a self-assessment tool for competencies in supervision.
- 10 minutes: Myths and General Assumptions in Supervision
- 30 minutes: Essential Knowledge and Skills for Effective Supervision-An Overview
- 30 minutes: Strategies to Promote Critical Thinking and Reflective Practice
- 30 minutes: Self-Assessment of Competencies in Supervision
- 15 minutes: Discussion and Wrap-Up
- Course Examination
- Course Review